What is something that really surprised you when you visited or moved to another country (Culture Shock)? Coutumes et styles de vie

Hi everyone, I'm interested in knowing some of the culture shocks you might have experienced while visiting a country or if you moved to another country.

The importance of streetfood in some places, whereas streetfood barely exist in Brittany. Also the pessimism of some people of my generation regarding the future and the view how big the gap and incomprehension is between our generation and the "boomers" in Mexico. I thought it was something stronger in France or western countries.
As well as how poor the quality of food is in the supermarkets in Mexico/US. It looked like poison to me.
That's probably the only slaps I've received. I haven't lived the other differences like a schock.

Else, the lack of salted butter anywhere I've been to.

Probably the tiny amount of sidewalks in Dubai. In Saint-Petersburg, you can get almost anywhere by foot (if you have the will to, of course). In Dubai, you need to use the taxi/metro for long distances.

The importance of streetfood in some places, whereas streetfood barely exist in Brittany. Also the pessimism of some people of my generation regarding the future and the view how big the gap and incomprehension is between our generation and the "boomers" in Mexico. I thought it was something stronger in France or western countries.
As well as how poor the quality of food is in the supermarkets in Mexico/US. It looked like poison to me.
That's probably the only slaps I've received. I haven't lived the other differences like a schock.

Else, the lack of salted butter anywhere I've been to.

Salted butter = Life

Probably the tiny amount of sidewalks in Dubai. In Saint-Petersburg, you can get almost anywhere by foot (if you have the will to, of course). In Dubai, you need to use the taxi/metro for long distances.

Interesting !!

As mentioning the term "culture shock", only one name sparkles in my memory: Japan. Japanese high-tech toilets might be confusing and shocking indeed. You need to learn all those terms in the panel such as "dai, sho, oshiri" and many more cute buttons and functions in japanese. Let me simply warn you out on that it is not the best place for "trial and error" method.

As mentioning the term "culture shock", only one name sparkles in my memory: Japan. Japanese high-tech toilets might be confusing and shocking indeed. You need to learn all those terms in the panel such as "dai, sho, oshiri" and many more cute buttons and functions in japanese. Let me simply warn you out on that it is not the best place for "trial and error" method.

I saw this kind of toilets in Korea once. I didn't push any buttons because I was too afraid lol. Also, something quite disturbing for me was the warm seat 😆

I saw this kind of toilets in Korea once. I didn't push any buttons because I was too afraid lol. Also, something quite disturbing for me was the warm seat 😆

Got that too. It was like going to the toilets after someone... 😳

Yes . It's crazy. I experienced same thing in Korea

My case people. Some countries people are friendly and some countries it's opposite ( they are good people and not interest about others )