What is your taste regarding China's Yulin Dog Meat Festival? Coutumes et styles de vie

I think the world has a right to practice some of their practical customs as respectable nations who cooperate with other nations' customs if they lead to friendship and understanding between us. The dog and cat trade for meat is a declining dish but the fur industry still is popular, animals we love to touch can easily be sold to us as a product discretely hiding what kind of animal the fur came from.

In China, the greed to consume dogs and other animals so cruely for their fur while they are desecrated alive with no remorse for culture's nor nature's purpose. In other countries the domesticated animal populations of abandoned dogs and cats have grown large due to humans' psychological want for comfort and the consumerized pet culture in big media pushing dog ownership which is fine for most homes but not for a dog brought into a house not ready for the responsibility then when the dog grows too big to handle he is "returned to nature." It is not animals' fault but our own we breed them for our own greed.

Yes,killing is a cruel thing.
Not only cats,dogs,other pets,we also know that many kinds of pig,flocks and herds,fish,shell,crocodile and other animals' lives are in danger.
Everyday they died in different slaughter houses and became delicious in human's dishes,their skin became beautiful shoes and other leatherware.

Every kinds of animals should be treated equally.I think their lives should be protect.
So,let's be vegetarians from now🙂
Don't use animals' meat or leather,it's not difficult.
Let your kindness shine.Even for one day,you are their protector.

From what I remember, the dogs killed during Yulin festival are a specific breed, just like you have a specific breed of rabbit to eat. However, it's often cruel and China also has other so-so practices regarding animals, even if it seems to get better and better with the time.
In the West, like you said, we got some issues with adoption and even if we probably have less stray dogs and cats in the streets than some countries, it is a shame to see how people adopt and abandon their pets on a whim (it was really obvious during the pandemic). Same, it's a shame to see how dogs are used to get money by breeding them and some "farmers" really play with them and create kind of monsters full of diseases, but people buy them...

Concerning cruelty, the way to kill animals sometimes is a problem, and we got issues in Europe too (hello Spain); but farms probably are the biggest contributor to pain when you look at industrial crap.

Every kinds of animals should be treated equally.I think their lives should be protect.
So,let's be vegetarians from now🙂
Don't use animals' meat or leather,it's not difficult.
I don't think that being vegetarian is more respectful to animals than eating meat. You can offer a proper life to an animal and end its life with the less pain possible. It means eating less meat for sure, and probably it would also be better for all animals than just being vegetarian and being a consumerist who buy tofu from 9000km away and still take the plane 3-4times a year...

I don't think that being vegetarian is more respectful to animals than eating meat. You can offer a proper life to an animal and end its life with the less pain possible. It means eating less meat for sure, and probably it would also be better for all animals than just being vegetarian and being a consumerist who buy tofu from 9000km away and still take the plane 3-4times a year...
OK...I can buy vegetable and tofu easy but I l forgot that some people need more energy consumption🙁
Thanks for your reply!
My starting point is:Vegetarianism at least didn't kill animals, which is a respect for life,no one want to die🙂

OK...I can buy vegetable and tofu easy but I l forgot that some people need more energy consumption🙁
Thanks for your reply!
My starting point is:Vegetarianism at least didn't kill animals, which is a respect for life,no one want to die🙂
No blame, what I meant is only that even for animal care, consuming local food is always better than consuming "global" food.
As for killing animal, yes, surely vegetarianism -all other things remaining equals, kills less animals, but it does, a bit. My first point however was that you can kill an animal and still have respect for life; it's just a different point of view, just liek euthanasia for pets for instance.

Also, sometimes death is preferable to a life full of pains...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/lucky-dog-no-dogs-left-120058288.html