Christmas Time - manners and customs Coutumes et styles de vie

Hello everyone, Christmas Time coming so I decided tell you about manners in Poland and I hope that find someone next 🙂

Firstly, 24 December is crazy day because father goes the Christmas tree and next children decorate this one🙂 In this time mother, grandma and each women in home, cooking delicious meal. We've 12 meals on the Christmas table, fish carp, dumplings (pierogi), dried fruits compote, ears of red borsch (uszka z barszczem) , pea sauce, mushrooms sauce, noodles with poppy seeds, kutia ( poppy seeds, fruits, nuts, honey, hulled), herring, stuffed cabbage with buckwheat, next other fish.

Evening, we're waiting for first star and sitting to table. At the begging we're pray and then dived the wafer fold a wish and next eat 🙂 After dinner looking for present under Christmas tree 🙂

For the next two days we're celebrate with family 🙂

And who next? 🙂 I'm very interesting your stories 🙂

Sorry for a mistakes i text but I'm learning 😛

Well, the christmas habits in Finland differ from region to region and within families but here are some 😃 :

We put and decorate the tree some days before the Christmas Eve. On the Eve morning we have sauna and rice porridge (there is an almond hidden in the porridge pot, and the one who gets the almond will receive a special present 😁 ).

In the evening we eat a very good dinner which includes some ham, turkey, salmon, mushroom-, potato- and many other salads, rutabaga-, liver- and carrot casserole and ryemeal bread and christmas mustard. I guess that's not even all what Finns have on the Christmas table... But anyway that is one example 😁

After dinner it's time for the presents! (This part is exciting for little children as it's time for the Santa Claus too :--P) But for older people the most important thing in the Christmas is to have very good time with family and relatives 🙂 We also remember already passed relatives by taking candles to their graves.

In Denmark you eat a lot of food: duck, roast pork, potato-chips, brunsauce, potatoes, apples with jelly.
After we have ate we eating more. hehe
As dessert we eat rice à l'impératrice with a almond hidden and the person who finds the almond gets a small gift.
After all the eating we are dancing around our Christmas-tree and on the same time we sing some Christmas-songs.
After that we open the presents.😃

sorry there is a mistake 😃
Eating should be eat