Why can't Taiwan join the UN and the WHO? Politique et gouvernements

I'd like to know what everyone thinks about this issue. Taiwan has land and an operating independent government, a multi-party democratic system, free media and a substantial population. So why aren't we allowed to join the UN and the WHO?

well, I learned that it happened because of China

cuz only single country can join these. but taiwan is not . it's just an island in china

taiwan cant join the UN because China is against it and the world cant live without cheap chinese workers anymore... if china would be in strike with the UN everything would be more expensive so the UN and generally the whole world is scared of china so they wont accept taiwan as a own country and sadly it never will happen since chinese always will hate taiwan nor see taiwan as their own

I'm not a taiwanese but a german living in taiwan

cuz only single country can join these. but taiwan is not . it's just an island in china
Where did you get your information that taiwan is not a country?
Thanks for your support, Markus. Though I think that it's not only cheap labor, which is fast changing, but also the large market potential and military might. Every government must put economic concerns over matters of honor in order to retain power (the affection of the people). And though by all standards Taiwan fulfills the quota for being a country and thus has righteous power in this matter, it is nothing compared to money.

Because the U.N is dumb.
I live in Israel,and We had a field trip today,of the sixth grade.
We went to the Bental Mount. We saw some U.N units who are guarding a town so nor the Syrians nor the Israelis could take it,
I asked how much years the U.N is there,It's there for like 34 years!
They can't solve problems,They are doing nothing!

Édité par Sawyer .

Markus that is not just because of poor workers, but also because it will be soon the biggest "market" of the world, because they have more water than everybody.... There are a lot of things.

China has a lot of power because of it. They buy more and more.
And that shows that the UN has no power. That economy has everypower. You can do everything when you have the money.

i know that its not ONLY because of poor workers but i was too lazy to count all the facts since there are a lot
china is already the biggest market and soon all our asses will be taken over by them XD

i know that its not ONLY because of poor workers but i was too lazy to count all the facts since there are a lot
china is already the biggest market and soon all our asses will be taken over by them XD
You might have meant it in a humourous way...but well, it's now time for other countries to grow, their citizens to have food and some luxury, etc....cos, we'd suffered years of US and other Western countries' domination in everything. Please don't take offense. I have nothing against any of you..but well, don't get very mad cos China or India or Asia is taking the lead cos it's now time for our citizens to eat some food. Then, it'll be someone else's turn to grow (probably, Africa)...

You might have meant it in a humourous way...but well, it's now time for other countries to grow, their citizens to have food and some luxury, etc....cos, we'd suffered years of US and other Western countries' domination in everything. Please don't take offense. I have nothing against any of you..but well, don't get very mad cos China or India or Asia is taking the lead cos it's now time for our citizens to eat some food. Then, it'll be someone else's turn to grow (probably, Africa)...
well i dont think africa will be ever like china or the US or anything similiar....
I'm not against that countries grow who are more poor than others but i am against countries with a dictatorship to grow... I am german I know what im talking about 😛
everybody knows china is a brainwashing country and imagine 1.4 billion (or whatever) brainwashed chinese go mad because the chinese government said "they said we are ugly LETS BASH EM"..... thats actually what america does now XD but many americans are against war so they're not even close to the 1.4 billion that china has

Of course, Africa will not be like US or China...all I said was Africa will experience fast economic growth, after Asia has developed. It's just a cycle...Europe and US...Asia(and, probably, South America)...Africa
Let's just wait and watch what happens with China and the world, in general...must be interesting! 😉

You hope that what you say is right Theraingoddess. But today, africa is poorer and poorer. And china is an example to show that economic development doesn't come everytime with democratie. I hope it will change, but it is hard to see it and waiting.

But that is not the purpose of this topic 😁
The problem is that the occidental country, who has a political power (let see the US army 😛) choose the economical way, and don't care about poor people. I could choose the example of my president, who sent some people to china to say sorry about what happened in paris with the flamme. And there are different example. He would accept showing is ass to have some money.... THat's not cool.

well, I think it depart from above topics, I read it on newspaper that the Chiwan(China + Taiwan) market era will be coming :>;
the blocked ports of each countries are opend on 4th July,
... well, I heard that chinese money would gain currency in taiwan. mm, chinese market&capital + Taiwanese technical ;; its so scared; - I think

The UN does not have any real power anymore, so it`s not really a big thing.
But China is a major player in the world, so nobody will cross them, and recognise that Taiwan is in fact independent. If China says that Taiwan is their province, it will remain like this until they say otherwise.
It is a similar situation in Russia, where there are some republics that are de-facto independent, but Russia doesn`t agree.

@ Sawyer.
- What'd you expect?
Let me define the U.N for you 🙂 - he United Nations Organization (UNO) or simply United Nations (UN) is an international organization whose stated aims are facilitating cooperation in international law, international security, economic development, social progress, human rights, and the achieving of world peace.
And since Israel and Hamas are STILL killing eachother on a daily basis, what'd you expect?
- The U.N isn't about military power and force. They're about security and peace, They've been guarding that place for 34 years..

Do you expect the U.N to simply wipe Hamas from the surface of earth?
If you do I'd suggest you'd study a little on the U.N and how the organization functions.. Saying that it does nothing is simply.. Plain stupid.

To answer your question: Because a certain Mr. Ching still views Taiwan as a province of China.

- And to the rest of the people commenting in here. The rich feed of the poverty of others, how is that a new fact in any way?

i guess China has just more infulence.. the UN can't risk to upset China by allowing a less important player on the world map like Taiwan to join them. (which seems to be a stupidity and UN act like cowards avoiding this sensible subject)

I agree with Remus about it being cowardly, but Taiwan's benefits of joining the UN does not out-weigh upsetting china who still views Taiwan as part of its territory.

China *nod*